Followers

Friday 18 November 2016

Pop Up Box for a 50th





I've been asked to make a card for a friend of ours by his Mum (also a friend of ours ) , it is for his 50th Birthday . He is music mad and loves a pint of real ale , so I guess this card ticks the boxes
We are all going to surprise him tomorrow in a restaurant , for a meal and drinks .
I cut the pop up box card using a tattered lace die , so much easier than all that measuring . The music related elements are stamped from a set with creative stamping magazine issue 31 .I cut them out, using a spellbinders circle die for the records  and coloured them with promarkers . The man with the pint is a clear stamp I have had in my stash for years , I'm sorry I can not find the make. The musical notes are a punch and the lace musical score I bought at a stamp fair . I've added a few black peel offs .
It's a very personal card and making it was a labour of love , I hope Mum and Son like it and our friend has a wonderful 50th .

challenges entered

Crafty Girls Creations Challenge 30 - Always Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers Dies - Always Anything Goes with Dies
WordArt Wednesdays Challenge Weeks #256 - 257http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/anything-goes-challenge-weeks-256-257.html - Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenge 103 - Anything Goes with optional use a sentiment

have a great week end , stay warm and happy crafting . jane x


10 comments:

cotnob said...

A brilliant pop up box card Jane, it sounds like it will be perfect for the recipient.
A made some cards for Creative Stamping magazine using these stamps - they are really useful for all of those music lovers.
Enjoy the meal tomorrow.
Pauline
x

Ginny Maxam said...

Such a cute pop up box card!! your coloring is brilliant!!, I love these boxes so much probably because I can't seem to make one!!
Thank you for sharing your talent with us at word Art Wednesday! Ginny M, DT

Pia S said...

A special project for a special occasion and person. So much detail, well designed!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious, good luck!!! Amy DT

Angie said...

Wow great pop up box card! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges! Angie-Owner

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AngiesStamps
http://angiesdigitalstamps.blogspot.com/
http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/
http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/

pinky said...

This is just class Jane! So beautifully decorated, perfect for him by the sounds of it. I have one of these to make tomorrow but alas no die but I do have a template I made as I thought the die would be too small for the size of cards I make. Wish me luck lol.

Sue said...

Such a fabulous card. I love design and all the detailing you have added looks brilliant!
Sue xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is one awesome little box card - makes me smile! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies this month!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is one fantastic pop up box creation Jane so much detail it is brilliant and will be well received I am sure, excellent project
hugs
lorraine x

Amy Seigler said...

Adorable pop up box creation! I love the coloring and all the dies you've used for this! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies!