Followers

Saturday 18 May 2013

Love Blooms For A 50th Wedding Anniversary

It my in laws 50 Wedding Anniversary this year. I fancied doing something other than golden and wedding like , so this is what I came up with using "The heart of the garden " cd rom by Joanna sheen. The bp , image and insert are all from the cd.
I added some flowers , ribbon and pearls to create a pretty floral bouquet. I used martha stewart punches to create a lace square around the image . I added pealoffs and glamour dust. The blue flowers where originally white a touch of copic marker made them blue , and I used red copic on the peeloff and glitter stickers.
I hope they like it , I know I would love a card like this, what do you think crafters?


sorry the pictures are rubbish, it looks so much nicer in real life, but my camera is basic and there is so little light because it's such a dull day , but you get the gist.


challenges entered :

chocolate , coffee and cards :  use a number
cd Sunday : ornate blossom
Simon says : flower power
fussy and fancy : pearls and lace


painting of the bedroom done , feature wall to paper today . Another cold dull day here  so I might as well be indoors.
enjoy your weekend. janex

19 comments:

Doreen said...

Gorgeous...love the image and fab details.xxx

Juls said...

Very nice, loving the poppies!! Hugs Juls xxx

Jocelyn said...

Very pretty. I love poppies. I'm sure they will love it. Thank you for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Jane this is so beautiful I really do love Poppies so much, the image, colours and design look amazing.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue said...

Such a beautifully designed card Jane. I love the image and gorgeous colours
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Beaut! Love the color combination of the flowers! Thank you for playing along with us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards.

Nadja

Christine said...

A beautifully designed card Jane, I love poppies and I am sure your in-laws will treasure it. Thanks for joining as this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Jane, I love poppies and they always seem to go down well. Thanks for joinin g in at CD Sunday this week.

Sue T x
CD Sunday DT

Mistys Mum said...

A beautiful card Jane, poppies are so lovely & I am sure your in-laws were delighted with the card.
Gloria x
GDT for May @ CD Sunday

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jane. I love poppies and these look fab!
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and a perfect alternative to the usual golden wedding anniversary cards.
xx

Purple Crazy said...

Beautiful card, just love the colours, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

Joanne said...

A beautiful card for a 50th anniversary! Your images are so nice and I love the die cut behind your picture/sentiment, super job! So glad you joined us for our Use A Number challenge at CC&CC! Joanne

Beryl said...

It's beautiful Jane. They'll love it I'm sure. A gorgeous image, fab bp and I love the flower spray. Thank you for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

downrightcrafty said...

simply gorgeous so pretty
Hugs Kate xx

cotnob said...

This is lovely Jane, fabulous image and papers, I'm sure your in laws will treasure it.
Pauline
x

debby4000 said...

Love those poppies, gorgeous card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Chitra Nair said...

Such a gorgeous card, lovely image too..
Thanks for playing along with us at CC&CC..

Sheryl said...

Hi Jane! What a lovely anniversary card! I'm sure that your in-laws will love it and appreciate your thoughtfulness!
Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!
Hugs, Sheryl