Followers

Thursday 17 January 2013

Penny Black " Bee Costume"

Another Penny Black stamp, love this cutie, " bee costume", I'd love to see that in real life. When I was a teenager I had a big ginger cat called Tiger, he was a real softy , one day I tried the duffel coat from my Paddington bear on him , and the red wellies, he didn't like the wellies ,so shot out of my bedroom and out of the front door still wearing the duffel coat. He disappeared for over an hour, when my Mum saw him she didn't see the funny side, unlike me .....what a wicked girl was I !

I've coloured my image with flex and promarkers markers . I've used crystal and yellow stickles glitter, the papers are first edition j'adore . The yellow card is bazil basics and the black matt is just the edges ruled with a black flex marker to make a framed effect. The little bee hive and bee are old buttons from a pack bought at Hobby craft.


Challenges entered :                 

I love promarkers : layer it up
Dutch Dare : buttons
totally stampalious : favourite trio of colours
artistic inspirations : anything goes
                               

I now it's a summery card for such a cold day here, but I want to have a bit of brightness . It has started to snow here, only very fine , but according to the forecast we are all having big snow in the UK tommorrow. This will please some and frighten others.

stay warm and happy crafting. janex




15 comments:

brenda said...

A real feel of springtime here Jane, perfect for this chilly January morning.

B x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous....lovely image and colours.xxx

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card Jane. I love that cute image and beautiful papers. Those buttons are so cute too.
Thanks for making me chuckle with your story of poor Tiger dressed in a duffel coat!!
Sue xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
hope all well with you, aww gorgeous card, fab colouring luv the sparkle, cute little honey pot, sue,x

Unknown said...

Really love this, you have let the wonderful image do the talking oon this card.

Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week.
Claire x
(DT)

downrightcrafty said...

wow doesn't that image pop off the card, love the layering and the feel of a frame with that larger border, great card
Hugs Kate xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jane. Love the PB, and your layout looks fab. The bee and hive are the perfect finishing touches.

Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Lol, love your story Jane. I did try washing a kitten down the toilet once but I was only about 3 at the time!

Fab card - I love this image!
xx

Beryl said...

Geat image and a fab card. I bet the real bees aren't feeling so cheerful at the moment. Snowed here earlier this evening so didn't go dancing. Didn't want to go out and not be able to get back.
I don't know how she got away with it but the girl next door when I was a kid used to dress her ginger cat in dolls clothes and wheel it about in the dolls pram. Mind you - the cat was weird, it loved chip butties!
Beryl xx

Wendy said...

wow...outstanding card...love your coloring and attention to details! Thanks for joining us this week at ARTistic Inspirations~Wendy, DT

Jules said...

Hi Jane

Here at last after my Christmas/New Year break and losing my internet connection for a week!! It is taking quite some time to catch up with everyone again LOL!!!

I see you are in Penny Black mode at the moment .. .. you use and colour them beautifully!

Love the Bountiful in two colour ways you posted. How different they both look .. .. but equally stunning!!

I hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie, this is absolutely Gorgeous, warm hugs love Pops x x x

cotnob said...

This is a fab card Jane, your image is so cute and the yellow and black looks great.
Pauline
x

Chantal said...

Your buttons are so cute! They match the image perfectly! Thanks for joining our buttons-challenge over at Dutch Dare Card Challenges!
Chantal

Karen said...

Gorgeous Jane, fab image too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx