Followers

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Molly Bloom Gypsy Caravan

Afternoon crafters, I've been busy getting ready for Christmas like I expect most of you have. Decorated 4 rooms, love it ,so pretty when all the lights are on . We have put them along the garage guttering and entwined them around the trees and shrubs in the front garden. Where we live most people decorate and light outside their houses, doesn't half brighten up the evening dog walk.

Made all my Christmas cards now so thought I'd do something a little different  I've always been  fascinated with Romany gypsies and have read several books about them. I would love a vardo (gypsy caravan) in my garden) my son's grandad has a real beauty. Nearest I'll get is this stamp.

The 2 stamps used are by Molly Bloom, they took an age to colour but I love colouring so that's alright.
I used promarkers and a touch of pencil . The paper is called Nordic Holiday. The paper and images are rather busy so no embellishments needed.
Took a few pics of my Christmas decorations to show you and I suffered for my art by taking some pics of my card outside in the still frozen back garden.




I've been putting out plenty of food for the birds and pouring hotwater onto the frozen bird bath. Poor things, imagine living outdoors , I'm not liking this cold snap but on the other hand it is so lovely and bright. My old Nan used to say the cold killed off the germs.
Lastly an up date on Uncle Jack, he is out of hospital, sprained wrist and 2 broken fingers , very weak but more or less in one piece, thank goodness.





Till next time , keep warm and happy crafting. janex

this is an add on, you know that lovely film I told you I watched and cryed , a heartwarming Christmas one. It's called " a little piece of heaven " and is on sky true movies at 5pm today.

11 comments:

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,love the image and fab colours....Love the decorations.xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jane. I love the image and your colouring looks fabulous, well worth it!
Gorgeous Christmas decs too.
Lorraine x

Lisa Jane said...

wow i love that caravan stamp.. i may have to search it out lol. fabulous card
Lisa x

Jules said...

Hi Jane

A lovely card. It looks like a lot of colouring .. .. but well worth the effort!!

Great photographs of your Christmas decorations too.

Wish I had finished making all of my Christmas cards!! LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Jane, it's so nice to see something that's not Christmas at the moment. You are very brave taking your photographs outside - but worth getting cold they look lovely.
I seem to spend most of my day trying to keep our Chicken's water defrosted at the moment.
Your Christmas Decorations look lovely, haven't put ours up yet - this weekend hopefully.
Take care.
Pauline
x

pinky said...

You are like a little Christmas angel with all your decorations up Jane. Its just looks so homely and inviting. Loving your gypsy card, gorgeous colours and I love Molly Blooms myself.

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous card lovely image great colouring and love your photo's
Hugs Kate xx

May said...

Gorgeous card, Love those images.. Great papers & colouring... Love the pictures of your beautiful Christmas decorations... Hugs May x x x

Shannon White said...

Fabulous Card Jane! Love the Fun image and beautiful papers and Fab coloring too! And your decorations are Wonderful too! Wow! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Juls said...

brilliant!!! Love all the photography too!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Jane! I have moved house so many times in my life that I'm sure I was a gypsy in a previous life, lol!

Your decorations look beautiful!
xx