Followers

Thursday 4 October 2012

Snowy Postcard

I loved this stamp as soon as I saw it, I'm keeping away from cute this Christmas, well mostly, keeping to traditional/vintage and this lovely stamp ticks those boxes.
It's called "snowy postcard " and is by stampendous. I made the background paper by inking a piece of white card with Tim Holtz distress inks in mustard seed and brushed corduroy,when springled on some water for the dappled look and dried it with a heat gun. I stamped the full image onto the card in black memento. Then I re stamped onto white card with brown memento, cut-out the oval frame, lightly inked the image and added a snow effect with wow white puff embossing powder, heated. I added some red stickles to the holly and mounted on foam pads. A few gold peel off corners, red gems and a gingham ribbon complete the card.


challenges entered:

Fab N Funky : no patterned papers
craft creations : colours of fall ,rich reds,warm browns,golden yellows and earthy oranges.
papertake weekly : anything goes , with a celebration option
cute card Thursday : lots of ribbon


The sun is shinning here, but boy have we had some rain, amazingly I was able to cut the grass back and front yesterday, dashing in between showers, luckily we have a very well drained garden .

Have a lovely day. janex

15 comments:

May said...

Stunning card... I have this stamp but it is still in the packet (shame on me) I hope to use this one for family cards this year... Thank you for the inspiration... Simply Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous......love the image and fab colours.xxx

Lorraine said...

I really love this image Jane, and you've done a brilliant job with it! Gorgeous card.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Such a beautifully designed card Jane. I love the image and the gorgeous colours are perfect.

Sue

brenda said...

I can see why you needed a image Jane, it's a beautifully traditional scene and has made a gorgeous card.

B x

pinky said...

I am just struggling to get into christmas this year Jane but can see why you are sticking with tradition. This is just stunning.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jan this is beautiful, the image and the background are pure perfection.
hugs
lorraine x

Deb said...

wow, this is stunning Jane!
Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Debxx

cotnob said...

This is lovely Jane, great background and fab image.
Pauline
x

Beryl said...

What a fab stamp - and I love the way you've used it for the background and the main image. Supper card.
I managed to cut the grass front and back today too as it was the second day with no rain. Good job I did as it's been chuking it down this evening.
Beryl xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, elegant Christmas Card.
luv
Debby

Pat said...

Gorgeous elegant card, beautiful image. Thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week. Good luck.

Pat xx

Sharon said...

I love this card Jane. What a fabulous image that is. Will have to go shopping!!! Stunning to have more traditional type Christmas cards. hugs Sharon x

Corrinne said...

Gorgeous creation! Love the farm house vintage look :) Thank you for sharing this creation at Crafty Creations Challenges!

I invite you to join me at the ANYTHING GOES challenge here:
http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/10/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-2.html

Happiness,
Corrinne

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it!! I want that stamp sooooooo much,lol! Absolutely stunning Jane!
xx