Followers

Thursday 19 July 2012

I Want Ice Cream



Well what I really want is ice cream weather. This Summer is just not fair! looking out of my craftroom window, the rain is hammering on the glass and the wind is howling, it should be I want hot chocolate.
All that aside ,I still wanted to make a Summery card with ice cream and icecream colours.
When I was first given an old pc , many moons ago,I was very uninterested, my brother the computer pro,gave me 2 software discs,1 was Scrabble (I love board games and words), the other paintshop pro. He said they would appeal to me and using them I would develop good mouse control. He was right on both accounts.
I used to do a lot of computer crafting and making hybrid digi cards,well ink was expensive so I stopped, but recently I've found cheap ink that works and some great digi kits ,so my hybrids are back.

My card is made using Sweet shoppe design digi kit called I scream for ice cream, this kit is in the sale, and very reasonable and of course instant. All my designing and planning is done on paint shop pro 8. I'm very familiar with this soft ware, it has a drop shadow feature to add dimension too, but use what ever soft ware that works for you.
Some of the elements I have cut out and raised with foam pads. I've added quickie glue and glamour dust, for a touch of sparkly sherbet effect and added tiny gems and a real button centre to my digi bow.
I had great fun making this card,and if you have a printer and suitable soft ware , I urge you to give hybrid digi's a go..

Challenges entered:

crafting for all seasons : ice cream /popsicle
papercraft star : icecream
Divas by design : anything goes
crafty ribbon challenge : anything to do with holidays, sun, beach etc

have a great day, and pray for some sunshine on rainy Britain. janex

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card.
They make me smile. :)

-Great blog!

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card, such pretty pastel colours, I think I want an ice cream now.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Sylvia said...

Your ice cream looks delish, Jane, it looks real! Lovely card, you did a good job with you digital kit! thanks for joining us this week at the Papercraft Star for the "Ice Cream" challenge.

Pia S said...

It's a sweet, sweet card! Lovely soft colors, and the brown makes such a great contrast to the lovely pastels.. And really looks like yummy chocolate ice cream... I think the layout is fab too!

pinky said...

Its gorgeous Jane, perfect colour blends. I love this type of crafting too:) Back from dentist and a further £130 worse off! My mouth is aching from the 45 minutes of work but glad its behind me now. Just need some sunshine to cheer me up:) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
Hugs
Pinky

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is just scrummy .. gorgeous ice creams and colours
Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week
Lisa

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jane. You've done a brilliant job with your digi kit and I love the soft colours.
Lorraine x

Hanna said...

Oh, this card was exactly what I needed to see this rainy and cloudy day, it makes me dream of days at the beach.
The ice cream looks so delishious, those sparkling cherries at the top looks delicate too. :)
Lovely shade of pink on your card too, and I love your design and layout. Absolutely fabulous! Such a gorgeous, perfect summercard. Love it!

Hugs
Hanna

Shannon White said...

Just Darling Jane! Sure makes me want ice cream! lol hmmm, I think we have coconut popsicles in the freezer, think those might have to do, lol Love the Wonderful triple scoop cones you've created and the Lovely ice cream colors you used as well as the Fab layout too! Just Wonderful! I sure hope the sun comes out where you are Soon! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Ooh, so, so yummy, love it! Thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Beryl said...

Like you I started making cards on the pc before paper crafting. I'd be lost without my software and do the hybrid thingy quite a bit.Love your ice cream card - haven't eaten much of the stuff this summer but I do enjoy a dish of ice cream while snuggled up next to the fire so I guess I'll be catching up in the winter.
Beryl xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous cute card, love it.
luv
Debby

Sharon said...

Hi hunny, love your card. Looks good enough to eat. Sorry I haven't been around, but work is keeping me away from my craftdesk and blogging ;( hugs Sharon x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous and yummy card....thanks for joining the Divas! Hope to see you next week again!
xxx Margreet

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!
xx

Jinny Newlin said...

What a gorgeous, happy card! So many perfect, little details, especially all that shimmer and shine! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star! Oh! And please pass some of that rainy/cooler weather my way. All the heat we're having is depressing.

Sleepy Stamper said...

Wow that digi looks great and I love the pop up pieces! What a darling card! Thank you for joining us this week over at the Papercraft Star!

Anitra